3.07.2011

ugh, setbacks

Up 2.6 pounds this week.  Not a good start to my Monday at all.  I could easily blame my period and bloating to it, but I'm not.  I'm sure that is part of it, but the other part is all me.  Pound cake and eating out this weekend.  At least I'm owning up to it, right?  I'm pretty sure that is what this journey is about.  I know I'm not always going to make the healthy choices, but I'm owning up to my screw ups, so to me, it is still a victory.  This week will be much better!

So my interview was on Saturday, which went really well.  The setback, there are commissions/sales involved, which wasn't in the job description.  I've never ever pictured myself as a salesperson.  Sure there is a base salary, but that is less than what I make now.  And with the economy up and down, I don't want to rely on someone else buying something for the rest of my income.  I don't want to struggle, end of story.  I want to be able to not worry about if I'm going to have money to save this month as I don't want to live with my parents forever!  I love them, but my time there is limited!  I'm really torn on whether I'd (if offered) would take it and try it.  Another potential problem, they invest 5 grand into training you.  If I don't stay there at least a year, I get to pay part of it back.  Sure I would have two weeks at the beginning to "try it out", but that isn't that much time to really know if it is a fit for me.  I don't really like the idea of working every saturday either, that would mean no dog shows, specialties or nationals...and I don't think I could deal with that part.  I think typing it out made me realize my decision if I was offered something.

No comments:

Post a Comment