Adapted from Southern Living Magazine
WW p+: 5 per serving
Recipe makes 8 servings
This is the recipe that I made over the weekend. It was so good.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can original sloppy joe sauce
- 1 (15-oz.) can chili with beans
- 1/2 (30-oz.) package frozen country-style shredded hash browns (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Brown ground beef or turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 7 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in sloppy joe sauce (I used Manwich Original) and chili (I used Hormel 98% fat free turkey chili).
2. Spoon chili mixture into 8 lightly greased 10-oz. ramekins (I used a 9 x 13 baking dish). Top with frozen hash browns.
3. Bake, covered, at 425° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes or until browned and crisp. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe was so good and such a hit with my family! By splitting it up in smaller portions, to make 8 servings it kept the p+ very low for a meal. I served with steamed veggies.