I have a list of reasons. Some are vain, most aren't. Vain for me is how I look. Non-vain for me comes from inward-how I feel. So I'm going to share my list with you.
- To walk into any store and know I can fit into their clothes.
- To look good naked.
- To be able to wear a bikini.
- To feel good about myself.
- To be confident in new and exciting situations.
- To not be afraid to try new activities.
- To be healthy. Diabetes and heart problems are prevelant in my family.
- To be comfortable in my own skin.
- To be more energetic
- To be happier and less stressed.
- To be healthy for a future family I may have.
So, what's holding me back? Honestly, myself. The lowest weight I remember being was around 175, and that was 8th or 9th grade. The lowest I've been in my adult life is around 225. I have no idea what I'll look like at a healthy weight. No idea. I've never been there. I'm pretty sure I bypassed my healthy weight range in elementary school. I'm scared of the unknown. But I'm tired of letting my fear guide me through life. I want to be a success story, with a side-by-side comparison picture floating around pinterest (yes, I admitted that). I want to be a WW success story. I want to get to my goal weight and maintain it. Believe me, I know it's a long journey and full of ups and downs, but I know how much I want this now.
I'm slowly finding myself again. I'm 120% dedicated to doing this for me. I'm not doing this for a wedding, for a guy, for anyone else. I'm doing this for me. I'm tired of letting fear guide the way I live my life.
From this moment on, I'm putting everything I have into this journey.
What is your motivation? What, if anything, is holding you back from achieving goals?