9.20.2011

A Good Day

I'm in a much better mood than I was in a couple days ago!

I got the cash for my check and the fees associated yesterday as promised. 

One reason my job isn't so fun (actually the main reason) is the other staff person in the office.  She complains constantly about how she hates her job.  She doesn't do things accurately or consistently, which puts more on me, which in turns stresses me out even more. 

So yesterday, she calls in (knowing we have to go to the other office as some people are coming).  But she still calls in--said it was a family emergency to our boss, but this morning she just told me "I had a lot going on". So whatever.

But it was actually a good day for her to call in, because they have been discussing staffing changes, that pertain to her. I hate to see anyone lose their job in this market, but something has to change for me to stay here, and I don't think they want to lose me based on the conversations yesterday.

I was finally asked where I see my future/position going. About time I get to give my input! I was completely honest, and I really don't se myself in the advisor role that I once did.  I like the back office, getting stuff done work that I'm doing now.  So will I still need to be licensed? No idea, but I should probably find out.

I left yesterday feeling happy. Happier than I've felt in about a year, when it comes to work.  I really do love what I do, it's just the people person that gives me so much stress.  But I feel better and more optimistic about this job, more than I have ever, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment