12.08.2011

A Time For Sorrow

Anyone that knows me, knows that I was really effected emotionally by the VT shooting in 2007. 

It happened again today, and I've been a wreck.

Around noon, I got a VT alert saying there were reports of gunshots in the coliseum parking lot.  Fast forward a little bit, and we find out that right around noon a person was pulled over (routine traffic stop) and the officer was shot and died.  The person ran towards the cage parking lot (near the duck pond).  Then there were reports of another victim, and sadly it was true.

No new news since about 1:30.  The shooter is still lose.  Parts of the interstate has been blocked off.

It hurts me so much to know this happened again. 

This was posted on Facebook, and I stole it.  Explains it perfectly.

"From the outside looking in, you can never understand it. From the inside looking out, you can never explain it. Virginia tech is more than a school.. It's my home and family. Our campus does not deserve this heartbreak. neVer forgeT & pray for Virginia Tech. We will always prevail. ♥ Stay safe, Hokies."

No comments:

Post a Comment