8.01.2011

August Already?

How is it already August??  Wasn't it just March like 5 days ago?  This year is seriously flying by!

How is it that I've only been with Clayton for 3 months today?  Haven't I been with him well over a year now?  It really does seem that way! 

I had a show this weekend in South Carolina.  It was outrageously hot, but we had fun of course.  I love these shows because I see people that I don't normally get to see. It is also our Dalmatian Specialty (of the regional club I am a member of).  Blake has lost his brain again. He is ok and comfortable if he is just relaxing with me ringside, but the minute that there is a loud noise or something, he jumps like a scared puppy.  So, I made the incredibly hard decision to let him go to camp at his breeder/co-owners house for a few months.  He is so attached to me it is crazy, and we think that him not having me to lean on will help him get over this stage he is going through.  And we have a theory on why noises are bothering him.  The tornado that literally came through our yard in April.  It was so freaking loud.  And after it, he was boarded at the vets office, then with other Dal people for a total of about a month. So his world was shook up. And when he came back home, he just latched onto his momma!  And I don't want him so dependent on me.  It could cause major issues later (I had one a few years ago that actually snapped and growled at a judge, and he was uber attached to me, and I don't want that happening ever again). 

So, he will leave for Michigan from the show on Sunday. I'll miss him like crazy, but I'm doing it for him. And of course, he'll always come back to me!  But now, I'm show dogless again.  No shows isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I can use money I'd be spending on entries and things to get some debt paid off. 

And of course, I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason". So I know there is a reason that Blake is going to camp. I know there is a reason I won't be doing shows until November probably. It will all work out, I'm sure. 

In other news, I did gain .6 this morning. But that is fine after eating out the last 4 days.  So it is probably a sodium/water retention thing. Goal for this week, eat cleaner and drink more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment