8.29.2011

The "aha" moment....

I definitely had one this weekend. I went camping with Clayton and a couple of his friends this weekend. Yesterday we went on a hike from where we had camp set up on Whitetop Mountain to a little overlook place, Buzzard Rock.

Buzzard Rock is the ledge on the right side of the picture. This was the view from where we were camping. Doesn't look too far, does it?


This is from Buzzard Rock looking back up to where were were camped...at the very top of the hill on the right hand side. 


Everything was fine and a lot of fun on the way down, because it was downhill the entire time. 

Now clue "aha moment". The way back up. I don't even remember how many times I had to stop to catch my breath or let my legs rest. I felt horrible for being the reason we had to stop so much. I don't want to be that person anymore. I want to be able to go on little hikes with Clayton and our friends and not think twice about it. I started crying about halfway back because I'm tired of being that person. 

I have been doing better lately on this journey. Yesterday was definitely what I needed to give me that extra push, I think.

The view was quite nice!

It was definitely worth the pain that I faced. I needed to face that to be able to know I need to stick with this. I know it won't happen overnight, but I know that if I stick with it, it will happen.

I've gotta do this for me, because I want a very long life with this guy


Upside, I was down 2.8 for WI this week :)

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT! You're making an awesome choice for you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete