9.07.2012

Brides Against Breast Cancer

For a few weeks now, I had been trying to figure out exactly what I was going to do with my wedding dress and flowers that had been purchased well before calling off the wedding. I had remembered hearing someone talking about donating it, so a simple google search brought me to Brides Against Breast Cancer.

They sell the donated dresses they receive at very discounted prices for cancer survivors/current cancer patients. I knew that would be the perfect cause to help.  So I sent them an email asking if they could use the silk flowers (bridal bouquet, toss-away, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, grooms bout, 4 groomsmen bouts, and 4 coursages).  And they can! They said that anything wedding related they can sell at their events.

So I am going to donate both my dress and flowers. I feel so great about the decision. Breast cancer is something that is close to my heart. Almost all of the women on my mom's side, including my 21 year on sister have had cancer or pre-cancerous tumors removed from their breasts. I remember the fear we all had when my sisters was removed (which came back pre-cancerous).  I can't think of a better way to give other brides something they can truly be able to enjoy.  If anything like me, I know the lucky woman that chooses the dress and/or flowers will love them!

1 comment: