5.01.2012

1 year later

One year ago today, I went on a blind date with Clayton.  I had met a few losers guys from online previously, but most didn't go past 2 dates tops.  I knew immediately that something about this guy was different.  Our lunch turned into a 6ish hour date.  We never ran out of things to talk about.  Two weeks later, I predicted on this very blog that he'd be the guy I married.

The last year has been absolutely amazing.  I never would have guessed that I'd be engaged and getting married this fall. I was job searching all over the country trying to find my perfect job, because honestly, and not to sound snobbish, most guys around here are low-lifes.  I found one that wasn't.  I was willing to have to find a job around here to stay with him.  He's worth that to me.  I'm still very independent and career-minded, but now I have someone to come home to and a future with someone to look forward to.  I'm still looking for a job that more fits me, and possibly going back to school.  He gives me support that I need when I have a rough day at work, and I like to think I do the same for him.

It still amazes me that I'm going to marry him in five and a half months. Craziness!

Now back to doing some work before my follow-up with the oral surgeon this afternoon. At least I get to sneak out of work early!

No comments:

Post a Comment