4.30.2012

Wedding Flowers and Invitations

So, when I was coming up for a budget for my wedding, I basically listed splurge things I had to have, and everything else.  The things I was willing to splurge on was, Dress (thanks to my parents for buying it, although it wasn't as expensive as budgeted for), photography (who we booked a week ago!), and venue (which we already know I love).  The 'everything else' list was things I knew I'd have, but didn't want to spend lots on.  Flowers were on that list.  Yes, flowers are pretty, but they also die and don't last very long. And I didn't want to spend hundreds on something that would die a few days later. 

So, I decided to do silk flowers. I honestly had no idea where to start.  Could I do them myself? Did I know anyone who could help out?  Luckily, I happened to come across a listing on Etsy for bridal party flowers in my colors, orange and purple.  I was in love immediately.  This is actually a new listing, but features my exact flowers, if you're curious to the entire wedding party set.  The owner of the shop was fantastic and asked about my opinion along the way as she created them.  They actually came in the mail last week, and looked better than the pictures, and so real!


My Bouquet


Bridesmaid Bouquet

Invitations was also one of those things that I couldn't see me spending hundreds on.  So, thanks to a livingsocial deal, I paid $15 (I think) for $50 worth of product from Vistaprint.  A couple weeks ago, Vistaprint had a 50% off sale on wedding stationary.  I knew I had to take advantage, even if the wedding is still 5.5 months away.  So I ordered invitations, rsvp cards and thank you cards, with envelopes.  Reguarly, the total would have been about $150.  I paid $50, and shipping was free. I call that a damn good deal!


Now off to do a little work.  WW meeting tonight. Fingers crossed for a loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment