4.01.2011

April Already?

It really is hard to believe April is already here! 

Today, 5 years ago, I got my first speeding ticket.  Too bad it wasn't an April Fools prank!  Still being on my parents insurance at the time and driving their cars, I was scared to go home.  And getting the ticket less than a mile from my house didn't help any either! 

Today, 7 years ago, my best friend was born. 


















Marlin was definitely my best friend.  I wish he were here today to celebrate his birthday--he would definitely get a plain hamburger from McDonald's!  It is definitely a hard day--in the year and a half he has been gone, there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't enter my thoughts at some point, and it surely hasn't gotten any easier!

Now with all of the emotional stuff today, I must be mindful of what goes into my mouth.  I used to turn to chocolate for comfort and I haven't done that in a long time, so I can't afford to do it now.  I have also decided to come up with some goals for April.  I think by putting them here and checking in, it will definitely keep me more accountable!
  1. Stay on a $50/week grocery budget.  I do still live at home, but I help my parents out by buying some of my own things--lunch things, produce, bread (they hate whole wheat bread), milk (again they hate skim milk), etc.  I've been spending way too much lately and need to scale back some!
  2. Start C25K.  I tried it before and it was a huge fail.  I've built up my endurance some, so hopefully I won't fail again!
  3. Do some kind of work out (other than C25K) at least 4 times a week.  I've been slacking here lately.
  4. Get Blake more trained for DCA.  He is trained, he just still has to learn how to exert his exuberant energy in an effect way in the ring!
  5. Keep staying on the WW wagon.  I've been doing really good, especially the last couple weeks of staying within my points, etc, so I've just gotta keep it up!
So at the beginning of next month, I will check in and see how I've met these goals.  Of course I'll update throughout the month, too!  What are you're goals for April?

2 comments:

  1. I need to set a food budget. But its so hard! I always forget something at the store & have to go back & get more. And then end up buying more stuff.

    Good for you for not eating chocolate like its going out of style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent way too much this week--but I had to get other things this week like shampoo--so hopefully next week will be better!

    The eating chocolate like its going out of style will probably happen around the 16th of this month, sadly--I hate having to relive that day!

    ReplyDelete