Today, 5 years ago, I got my first speeding ticket. Too bad it wasn't an April Fools prank! Still being on my parents insurance at the time and driving their cars, I was scared to go home. And getting the ticket less than a mile from my house didn't help any either!
Today, 7 years ago, my best friend was born.
Marlin was definitely my best friend. I wish he were here today to celebrate his birthday--he would definitely get a plain hamburger from McDonald's! It is definitely a hard day--in the year and a half he has been gone, there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't enter my thoughts at some point, and it surely hasn't gotten any easier!
Now with all of the emotional stuff today, I must be mindful of what goes into my mouth. I used to turn to chocolate for comfort and I haven't done that in a long time, so I can't afford to do it now. I have also decided to come up with some goals for April. I think by putting them here and checking in, it will definitely keep me more accountable!
- Stay on a $50/week grocery budget. I do still live at home, but I help my parents out by buying some of my own things--lunch things, produce, bread (they hate whole wheat bread), milk (again they hate skim milk), etc. I've been spending way too much lately and need to scale back some!
- Start C25K. I tried it before and it was a huge fail. I've built up my endurance some, so hopefully I won't fail again!
- Do some kind of work out (other than C25K) at least 4 times a week. I've been slacking here lately.
- Get Blake more trained for DCA. He is trained, he just still has to learn how to exert his exuberant energy in an effect way in the ring!
- Keep staying on the WW wagon. I've been doing really good, especially the last couple weeks of staying within my points, etc, so I've just gotta keep it up!