4.15.2011

A week later

It's hard to believe it has been a week since the tornados hit.  Clean-up is going well. Dad got all of the crap out of the yard yesterday, and the fence down that couldn't be salvaged.  Today he and a friend is cutting what is left of the tree down. 

Total damage on my car...$1,400.  Dad's truck...$2300.  I'm taking my car in next week.  There is no way I'm leaving my new car with blemishes! 

This weekend is going to be hard. Tomorrow is the 4th anniversary of the shootings at VT.  I miss Emily so much.  It was bad enough that it happened, but after I found out I knew someone it was like being hit with a ton of bricks.  I'll never forget that feeling, or being bombarded with calls from news agencies in the middle of the night, just because I knew someone.

I'm taking Blake tomorrow to meet a friend that is going to take him to the show next weekend in MD and to DCA, since I'm not going now.  Which is sad in itself, but I have to be here right now.  I can't thank John enough though for making arrangements to get Blake shown at DCA.  My dog family has definitely been unsung hero's in the last week! 

And I was down 1.6 lbs this week!!  I'm almost out of another decade!

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs)))
    A friend of mine was a student at VT, too. She was posting on fb how difficult today is/was.

    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete