2.21.2012

Scale Tales Monday, er, Tuesday

So I had yesterday off, and I just didn't think about weighing myself until I had already eaten breakfast.  So I did it this morning instead.

This week: 258.2 (+4.8)

Massive gain.  I was expecting a gain, maybe not that big, but I can't really say I'm surprised.  I was horrible last week.  I didn't track at all, and I binged a couple times.  The worst was Friday.  I wasn't hungry, but I couldn't stop myself from eating and snacking.  I got physically ill afterwards.  Well, it actually started before I finally made myself stop eating, but even with a horrible stomach ache, I couldn't make myself stop.  This was the first time that happened in a really long time.  I actually can't remember the last time it was this bad. 

I need to work on my relationship with food, because I know it isn't a good one.  I've known that for a long time.  But I've never really admitted it before.  I'm going to research books, and hopefully figure out a way to work through this on my own.  But if I can't, I'm not opposed to OA or therapy.

First step, having a planned menu.
Today looks like this:
B: 2 medium eggs, slice of provolone, english muffin, orange juice
L: salad with hard boiled egg, slice of deli ham, ranch and lots of veggies, pack of skinny cow candy for dessert
D: potato casserole with sausage
S: apple, banana, orance, chobani, sugar free jello (doubt I'll need them all, but I like to be prepared)

2 comments:

  1. I need to find a book that talks about my relationship with food. I've gotten better about binging, but it still happens. I'm very much an emotional eater & struggle with that sometimes.

    And don't feel bad about the gain, I was up 3.2# this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mindless-eating-brian-wansink/1100167307?ean=9780553384482


    I think I might order this. Really tempted. It's supposed to talk about cues & why we mindlessly eat.

    ReplyDelete